$2 Daily Fishing; $3 daily Boating; $30 Yearly Fishing; $45 Yearly Boating
- Picnic Areas
The Lamar City Lake is located at 214 SE 15th Road and covers 250 acres. It was built as the city's primary water source, although it has also been used for recreational fishing. With the city now moving to a new well, more recreational activities on the lake may be developed. Picnic tables, a covered picnic area, three fishing docks and a covered boat dock are also located at the lake.
Fishing and Boating Fees
- Daily Fishing Permit - $2
- Daily Boat Permit - $3
- Season Fishing Permit - $30
- Season Boat Permit - $45
- Season Non-motorized (i.e. canoes or kayaks) - $10
Daily permits can be paid at the self box at the lake office or through our online catalog. All annual permits are available at City Hall (1104 Broadway) or the Parks and Recreation office located at the house in the Lamar City Park Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or anytime through our online catalog. Season permits are good from January 1 to December 31 each year. State of Missouri fishing permits are also required to fish on the lake. These can be purchased online from the Missouri Department of Conservation. Barton County residents over age 65 or anyone under age 16 do not need a city fishing permit to fish. Age does not apply to boat permits. A permit must accompany each boat launched in the lake.
Anglers are reminded to release any grass carp caught at City lake or at Wheeler Park Pond, as they help keep the moss and unwanted plants down.
Boat Slip Rentals
Contact the Parks & Recreation Office to be added to the waiting list for one of our 16 standard or 2 pontoon size slips. When slips become available priority is first given to Lamar residents, then Barton county residents, finally to people outside the county. Slip rental fees are due by March 1 each year. Cost is $200 for a standard slip or $250 for a pontoon slip
Lengths and Limits
Lamar City Lake enforces lengths and limits for game fish as listed in the chart below. Anglers are also reminded to release any grass carp caught at the Lamar City Lake, as they help keep moss and unwanted plants down.
MUST Release unharmed if:
Under 15 inches
Under 10 inches
Under 8 inches
Under 8 inches
Basic Lake Rules
- Boats must be launched from boat ramps.
- All boats must have a life jacket on board for everyone on the boat. Anyone under the age of 12 must have life jacket on at all times.
- Speed must be maintained at or below 10 MPH and create no white cap wake.
- Open fires are prohibited.
- Overnight camping is not allowed.
- Please do not clean fish on the lake property.
- Driving on or fishing from the lake dam is prohibited.
- No fishing is allowed within 25 feet of boat slip, loading ramp or loading dock.
- Swimming, skiing, jet skiing or ice skating is not allowed
- Trash barrels are provided throughout the property. Please use them for any trash.
- No trot lines, jug lines, limb lines or similar are allowed.
- Picnic facilities are for use free of charge and on a first-come first served basis.