The office of the City Clerk is committed and dedicated to serving the City Council, the various city departments and boards, and the citizens of this community. Our goal is to maximize access to the municipal government by working in an efficient, and courteous manner, which lends itself to bringing respect, dignity, and professionalism to the city we serve. This position is appointed by the City Council.
The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for:
• Serving as the custodian of records by maintaining the City’s official records.
• Ensuring timely and accurate codification of City Code of Ordinances.
• Filing record requests in accordance with the Missouri Sunshine Law by providing public access to records
• Preparing Council packets and public notices of meetings for the City of Lamar
• Recording minutes of Council Meetings
• Working with Barton County Clerk coordinating City elections
• Serving as notary public of the State of Missouri
• Administering oaths of office for elected officials and certain employee positions